Pages

Saturday, April 4, 2015

Rescued dresser redo

... from the barn to the bedroom.  When my mother-in-law moved, I took home a dresser that no one wanted to bother with  saw any potential in.  She had originally taken it home from an Amish neighbor's barn.

 
 
Some time during it's lifetime, somebody thought it needed a fake marble top.
 

After chipping and scraping off the "marble", I used Citri-Strip to remove all the leftover glue.  Under all the gunk was a perfectly beautiful top. The fake top had actually protected the wood! 
At that point in the process, I know exactly what I would do with this piece of furniture.  I had paint leftover from a recent bedroom makeover - Behr's Premium Plus in 'Venus Teal'.  I used plaster of paris and water to mix up a nice, smooth, homemade chalk paint.
 
(No I was not drinking Margaritas.  It was already empty)!  Ask my supervisor:
 


 
 
The detailed carving lent itself beautifully to some distressing using my fancy tools:
 
 
 
 
I found the perfect spot in my bedroom.  It's perfect and I love it!  Thanks to my favorite MIL!!
 

 




8 comments:

  1. This is so lovely! Sharing today on The Painted Drawer Inspiration Link Party!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for featuring it Suzanne! Love your blog!

      Delete
  2. The before pic hardly looks like the same dresser. LOVE the way it turned out.

    ReplyDelete
  3. A really amazing transformation!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I am so happy with the way it turned out!

      Delete